This course is aimed at the responsible person on site for the control of legionella, or somebody who is aspiring to be the responsible person.
It looks at the impact that an outbreak of legionella would have on the body. It looks at the control systems for minimising the risk of legionella bacteria. It emphasises the importance of the responsible person in controlling risk.
Understand the impact of legionella bacteria and legionellosis.
Understanding the impact
- Explanation of how legionella bacteria multiply
- Describe conditions for legionella bacteria to multiply
- Describe methods of transmission and infection
- Explain factors affecting an individuals susceptibility to Legionnaire’s disease
How legislation and codes of practice impact on the Management of legionella bacteria
- Legislation, legionella regulations, health and safety at Work Act and other codes of practice.
- Explanation of the key roles and responsibilities for the control of legionela within an organisation.
Understand how to control the risks
- British standards in relation to legionella risk assessment
- Requirements of a written scheme
- Understand how written scheme needs to be implemented
- Importance of record keeping
- Importance of trainingand competence assessment of nominated individuals
- Identify when risk assessments need reviewing
Length of course
Course length is 1 day ( 6 hours)
Course location – Legionella Control for Responsible Persons
We can deliver the training onsite at any location in England, Wales, e.g. London, Cardiff, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham.
Legionella Control for Responsible Persons – We are confident that we can offer you a competitive price for all your Health and Safety training requirements. Call us directly on 0800 774 7034 and we will be able to discuss your requirements.