First Aid at work training Leeds
This particular course is HSE approved. We deliver First aid at work courses in Leeds. The qualification is geared towards larger organisations, and higher risk work activities. It provides delegates with a high level of competence to deal with any first aid emergencies or other situations which may arise in the workplace. This will ensure that employers will comply with their responsibilities to provide suitably trained first aiders in the workplace under the first aid regulations 1981 legislation.
First aid at work courses in Leeds
We can deliver causes on site at your premises and we will be flexible regarding start times of any training to cater to your business needs. The training can be done on consecutive days or spaced apart. It must be over a minimum of 3 days and at least 18 hours contact teaching time.
- The duties of employers & employees in regards to law
- Communication and delegation of responsibilities in an emergency
- Simple record keeping and stock control
- Blood borne viruses (HIV, Hepatitis)
- The unconscious casualty
- The recovery position
- The DRABC assessment
- The causes of suffocation & asphyxiation
- Resuscitation techniques
- The causes of heart stoppage and diseases of the heart
- C-P-R techniques
- The bleeding casualty & The treatment of a bleeding casualty
- The different types of shock & The causes
- The choking casualty & The techniques needed to clear a casualty’s airway
- The treatment of a burn/scald & The assessment of a burn
- Eye injuries & The treatment of eye injuries
- Fractures & The treatment of fractures
- Muscle strains & Ligament sprains and the treatment of them
- Poisons,gases,fumes & There treatments
Certification of First aid at work courses in Leeds
Once the training has been completed the candidate will be issued with a certificate which is valid for 3 years. A re-qualification course can be taken at the end of the 3 years which is of 2 days duration. It is highly recommended by the HSE that candidates take a half day annual refresher.
The maximum number of delegates that can attend a training session is 12 per Instructor.
if you would like further information or wish to book a course please call us on 0800 774 7034 or email ourselves at firstname.lastname@example.org