This course is designed to give candidates an understanding of the actions to take in the event of discovering a fire or hearing the fire alarm sound in the work place. Fire Safety training for staff is a legal requirement in the UK under the regulatory reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005. This course is designed for all staff that needs a basic understanding of fire safety, their legal responsibilities and how to use fire extinguishers.
This three hour course has been designed to ensure employers and employees alike respond positively to an emergency, which may be created by a fire or gas. Both fire safety and general health and safety duties require employers to prepare and plan for such eventualities.
normally 9:00am – 12:15pm
we are flexible with Start times to accommodate the needs of your business. Please feel free to discuss your timings with us.
Who should attend this training Course?
This course is for everyone within the workplace. If you are an employer, business owner or in control of premises, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that you ‘must ensure that your employees are provided with adequate safety training’
This means that it is law to train every member of staff, including any casual staff and ensure that any external companies are also trained in Fire Awareness.
Where Can I attend this Training Course?
We can deliver ‘in house’ training at your Business venue and can provide you with a competitive price for group training. We can deliver any of the above courses at your place of work. The ‘on site’ training option is particularly cost effective for Companies that have several people requiring training at the same time (usually 6 or more people). In addition to this there are many other benefits to arranging a first aid training course ‘on site’:
- Choosing your own venue gives greater convenience.
- Travelling and accommodation costs can be reduced or removed.
- A greater choice of course types are available.
- The course content can be tailored to your exact requirements.
- Businesses and Organisations can choose a suitable time to run their course.
- Courses can be run anywhere in the UK.
Simple fire awareness training is the order of the day. The course is designed to enable staff to manage a fire or other similar emergency efficiently and effectively and to meet the legal requirements to train staff.
- General Fire Precautions to be observed in all workplaces
- Truth about fires
- Causes of fire and ignition sources
- The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire prevention measures
- Fire extinguisher use and maintenance
- Emergency / evacuation procedures
- Proper use of Fire Fighting equipment
- Knowledge of the organizations fire procedures
- Action to be taken on hearing a fire alarm
- Location of Assembly points
- Special arrangements for staff with disabilities and visitors
- Practical training in the use of First Aid Fire Fighting equipment including Fire Extinguishers maintained for the organisation (Subject to a suitable location for safe demonstration and on agreement with client)
The learning is confirmed by practical assessment throughout the training and completion of a Fire Risk Assessment project. A change to legislation in 2006 has required the Fire Authority to cease to provide a Fire Certificate. It is now a requirement that fire safety is the responsibility of the site occupier and will be based upon fire risk assessment.
On completion of this course a Fire Safety Awareness Certificate will be awarded to successful delegates, which is valid for 3 years.
Cost for First Aid Training
We are confident that we can offer you a competitive price for all your First Aid Training requirements. Call us directly on 0800 774 7034 and we will be able to discuss your requirements.
Any prices which are quoted are exclusive of VAT.